Sonja K. Ötting and Eva Susanna Kunze from the NRW Fortschrittskolleg “Arbeit 4.0” participated in the international seminar on Living and Working in the Digital Information Age.
The seminar was held in Trivandrum, the capital of the south-west Indian state region Kerala, on June 25th, 2016.
The seminars main event took place thanks to joint organizational efforts made by members of Loyola College (Kerala University), the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) and the NRW Fortschrittskolleg “Arbeit 4.0”. Around 25 researchers from Kerala/India, the USA and Germany exchanged insights on topics like social relations, social change and work in an increasingly digitalized world.
It was a special honor to have Prof. em. Dr. J. J. Kattakayam, the former president of the Indian Sociological Society, speak a presidential address and introduction to the seminar.
We would like to thank Dr. Jyothi S. Nair and Dr. Antony Palackal for making the seminar possible and all of the presenting, chairing and attending most valued researchers for participating.
Participants involved members of the following research institutions:
- Loyola College − Dept. of Sociology (Kerala University, India)
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) − Department of Humanities (India)
- World Science Project (Louisiana State University, USA)
- Mahatma Gandhi (MG) College − Department of Sociology (Kerala, India)
- Institute of Management in Government (IMG) College (Kerala, India)
- Defense Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) − Defence Institute of Psychological Research (India)
- Sree Narayana College Dept. of Sociology (Kerala, India)
- Kanjiramkulan Govt. College − Dept. of Sociology,
- Fortschrittskolleg “Arbeit 4.0” (University Paderborn and University Bielefeld, Germany