Date: July 17 - July 28, 2006
- M.T. Benameur (Metz): Non commutative geometry (Schatten ideals and the Calderon formula, Dixmier traces, Examples of cyclic cocycles from the geometry of manifolds)
- K.-D. Bierstedt (Paderborn): Function spaces (Locally convex and Frechet spaces, topologies on dual spaces, dense subspaces and approximation properties, examples)
- S. Hansen (Paderborn): Microlocal analysis (Pseudodifferential operators, Elliptic regularity, Examples)
- J. Hilgert (Paderborn): Semisimple Lie groups and discrete subgroups I and II (root decompositions, Cartan- and Iwasawa decompositions, arithmetic subgroups, examples)
- H. Krause (Paderborn): Homological algebra (Derived functors (equivariant), derived categories, triangulated categories, Applications)
- J. Ludwig (Metz): Unitary representations (induced representations, orbit method, distribution characters, decomposition theory)
- A. Pasquale (Metz): Harmonic analysis (symmetric spaces, invariant differential operators, spherical functions, spherical transform)
- T. Wurzbacher (Metz): Algebraic group actions (affine and projective varieties, morphisms, algebraic groups and actions, reductive groups, Borel subgroups, examples)
- T. Wurzbacher (Metz): Symplectic and kaehlerian geometry (symplectic manifolds, hamiltonian vector fields, Darboux theorem, moment map, hermitian and Kählerian manifolds, examples, holomorphic line bundles)
The summer school is open for advanced students, PhD candidates and Post-Docs from all over the world.
The participants of the summer school will have the opportunity to present their research interests and results.
The scientific program starts on Monday, July 17th, the summer school will end on Friday, July 28th at lunch time.
The arrival day is Sunday, July 16th.
The capacity of the summer school is limited.
Please send your application as early as possible. The deadline for application is May 22, 2006.
Notification about acceptance will be sent out before June, 10 2006.
The participation in this summer school is free.
The accomodation (including meals) will cost about 960 EUR.
There will be a limited number of fellowships available to support accommodation during the summer school.
Please indicate on the application form if you apply for a fellowship.
For more information please send an E-mail: email@example.com
Prof. Dr. Joachim Hilgert
Department of Mathematics
Warburger Straße 100
Prof. Dr. Tilmann Wurzbacher
Laboratoire de Mathématiques et Applications de Metz
(UMR 7122 du CNRS)
Université de Metz
Bâtiment A, Ile du Saulcy
The Summer School ist accredited and supported by the Franco-German University (DFH-UFA).